Monday, September 7, 2015

Signifigance of the title

   The title 'The Zookeeper's Wife' is quite easy to explain because it's very straight forward. All through the book it explains the events The Zookeeper's Wife, Antonina goes through while Jan is away fighting in the army. I don't believe the author is trying to convey a certain aspect through the title, it is more about whats within the book. My pre and post reading opinions of the book changed after I read the book. Before I read it, I thought it would be way more focused on Antonina trying to save the Jews and other citizens from Hitler but it was mainly just her telling stories of trying to save Rys and worrying about Jan.
     All together it was a great informational book, but I did not like it as much as I thought I would.




No comments:

Post a Comment